SMAA has developed a set of email guidelines that are specified here. Members are expected to adhere to them.
When you apply for membership, you will be asked to provide certain information:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- The email address you used when you requested membership from Yahoogroups
- Your current job title, if you have one, and company
- When you started working at Sun
- Your last job there (title/division/group)
- When you left Sun
- How you heard about the Sun Alumni Association
We request personal information for a few reasons: to filter out spammers,
and to limit this list to Sun alumni, not current Sun employees. We get a lot
of requests from current Sun employees to have access to the network. Once
people have left Sun, they are welcome to join SMAA (how
We Keep a Membership Database
We keep a database within yahoogroups with the members' info, and when your
membership is approved you'll get one more email from us explaining how to
go into that database and put in your contact info. As mentioned, you'll need
a Yahoo ID to have access the database, which is for your personal use only.
Information for Recruiters
Please see our Recruiters page.