About the Sun Microsystems Alumni Association (SMAA)
The Sun Microsystems Alumni Association (SMAA) was established
in November 2001. Since then, the organization has grown to
more than 5,400 members. Worldwide in scope, the organization
consists of former employees of Sun Microsystems, Inc. and
The SMAA provides a community for former Sun employees to
network and share best practices. An independent organization,
the SMAA is not affiliated with Sun Microsystems, Inc.
The objectives of the SMAA are to provide a community for former Sun employees to network and to deliver a valuable set of services to its members
SMAA offers a variety of services to its members:
- An email list serve, which enables members to share information
and opinions on such topics as job search; investments and
retirement rollovers; and industry events
- A members-only, password-protected online membership directory
containing more than 1,500 names
- Listings of job openings from alumni companies and recruiters
- Regional networking events
- Access to the full suite of financial services offered
Avenue Federal Credit Union
The combination of the online SMAA membership database and
a large number of job postings has proven helpful in assisting
members in their job searches.
For more information on the SMAA, see the more detailed SMAA backgrounder.